Friday, March 7, 2008

# 23 And Now It's Time to Say Goodbye

My favorite things:
  • Getting inspired enough to buy an MP3 player
  • Finding out all that stuff about Zombies
  • Learning how to make neat widgets
  • Bloglines--I use it all the time at work and home
  • Checking out all the neat things I'd heard about but hadn't made time to explore, and discovering ways to use them in my everyday life
  • Tagging--that's come in handy at work
  • Rollyo
  • Making avatars
  • Posting funny videos
  • making mash-ups
Impact on my lifelong learning goals:
  • Reinforced that it's a great idea to play with new things and have fun and I might also discover useful tools for home and work
Unexpected outcomes:
  • I didn't know I'd end up buying an MP3 player
  • I had tried Bloglines and given up on it, so I didn't expect it to become part of my daily routine the second time around
  • I use my avatars a number of places
  • I started a blog for my writing life when I didn't think I was interested before


What could be done differently to improve the program:
  • More time
    • It's impossible to do one's regular job properly and thoroughly explore 23 Things in nine weeks. I enjoyed this and took time to do it, and even I took lots longer than expected. People with less motivation and less access to computer time are not going to be able to do this within time and may give up
  • Update the instructions periodically
    • Quite a few times I would read the instructions linked to from the 23 Things page then discover the reality was different. I can make the leaps and figure it out. Some people may not be able to do that
  • If this is rolled out to branch staff I suggest making sure that agency managers buy in, and that they have a monthly meeting on one or two Things so staff can discuss their experiences and those who got it can demonstrate to those who didn't get it. Staff need to be encouraged to read each other's blogs and comment
Would I participate in something like this again?
  • Absolutely!
How I would describe my learning experience:
  • FUN FUN FUN!
Now I'm excited to try out


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please don't stop. Keep it up. Your account of your trip through the 23 steps very helpful and always interesting. Thanks.