Friday, November 16, 2007

#18 Wasting Time With Online Productivity

These apps hold a lot of interest for me since they have the potential of helping me edit a chapter whatever (Internet enabled) computer I am on.

Zoho sounds simple till you get there and have a whole array of menu items to consider. *takes deep breath and plunges in*

I like that you can tag docs as opposed to putting them in folders. I'm not sure that I am so fancy in my blogging needs that I need the extra features there to post here, but you never know. The sharing capability would be useful for work groups editing a document together. The comments feature is pretty cool (except why did it duplicate the comment when I pressed enter after it). The templates are pretty boring, though.

I found Zoho a little frustrating out of the gate. It changed font on me when I hit enter to start a new paragraph but seemed reluctant to stop using bold and underline, and the highlighting feature wasn't acting quite like I expected. I guess, like anything, you have to get used to its quirks.

Yikes! It decided to freeze in mid-edit as I tried to look at a comment. I had to refresh the page then I thought I had lost my information since I hadn't saved it yet. That would be very irritating if it was an important document. It turns out it must save automatically because I found it in an untitled doc when I started a new untitled doc.

I was able to import a file from my PC successfully.

Okay, I guess I could use this but it might take some getting used to. It seems a little buggy.

No comments: