Thursday, September 13, 2007

AAAAACCCKKKKKK!

SpeechAgents make it sound like you get a minimum but reasonable amount of features for free--but when you sign up and give them your personal info you find you have to pay for anything beyond four character options and three backgrounds. And then they insert advertisements on your site!!! I thought I had read their agreement but I skimmed over it too fast and missed that detail. I had to delete and re-do two posts because after I linked to an animated speaking avatar made at their site all sorts of words and phrases were highlighted in green and created pop-up advertisements when I scrolled over them. MERLIN shouldn't include a link to that site without a warning. SpeechAgents is an opportunistic rip-off. That was a lesson to me to read more carefully.

No comments: