Thursday, September 13, 2007

THING 9

Okay--here's what I have learned:
Not all libraries should have My Space pages. My Space pages can be very monotonous unless you really do something different with the content and hurry people to links really fast. Also, I don't see much point in having My Space pages directed at anyone but teens and maybe twenty-somethings since most others won't find you or won't visit you. And the ones that do visit may think you are totally out of it, anyway, if you don't do it right. There's a certain geeky charm to some of the librarian generated content you can find through MERLIN, though.
Oh look, there's a link to Meez on the Gaming, Avatars, Virtual Worlds page. I guess I got there before my time. I've also dabbled in Second Life (I like flying) so maybe I'll check out Info Island when I get home. I can't do it here at work because you have to download software. I think it's pretty cool that some colleges are offering classes in Second Life. That means you could have a clothing malfunction in the middle of class sometimes. Gack! Nightmares revisited for virtual real. ROTFLMAO.
It's hard to watch YouTube video at work because of the bad connection. You have to keep on waiting for the video to buffer. This is annoying when time is of the essence.

No comments: