Sunday, October 21, 2007

#14 Technorati

Hmmm! Not sure I want to claim this blog. Want it to remain semi-private,it being a learning thing and all.

Anyhow--in searching Learning 2.0 in Technorati I noticed that Allen County Libraries are doing 23 Things along side their customers. That seems like a very interesting twist that might help library patrons not only learn some new things but be aware that Librarians are relevant to the new technology.

Under key word search in Technorati--509 results for Learning 2.0 and they range much further than libraries. Apparantly CPAs are into it.

A tag search turns up 620 posts, and they include videos.

I find 669 blogsabout Learning 2.0! That surprised me, because I thought number of posts about the topic would exceed number of blogs dedicated to it. Wait a minute--the search is using those as seperate words. When I put quotation marks around the phrase I narrow it down to 309 blogs that look more relevant. many of these are from libraries and librarians participating in 23 Things.

Vanity search
There are 58 results for me under key word search
1 post tagged with my full name
And no blogs dedicated to me because I haven't made any public as yet and my stalkers are not so tech savvy apparantly.

Top favorited blogs listed by Technorati contain a few I know since they seem to get quite a bit of attention other places. A few I already have RSS feeds for. Many are technology related. Some I couldn't tell what they were from the technorati profile. One I checked was a Canadian political blog that suddenly folded as of Friday. Hmmmmm! I wonder who that person pissed off. Some I have no idea why they are so popular and don't have the time to explore and figure it out. Marketing, web development, and the arts are represented but hardly any politics which surprised me.

Top blogs based on unique links in the last month--I recognize more. Some of the same topics reflected. More humor, news, politics, tips, gossip. Not so much on writing which seems odd since so many authors keep blogs now. Are they screaming into the void?

Top searches seem to reflect breaking news and pop artists. That's to be expected.

Okay, I understand the Technorati tagging business and could add an html tag if I wanted--but DO NOT WANT.

No comments: